Software Developer Flight Stack
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this fast growing startup from ETH Zurich! With our convertible aerial robots, we aim for a positive impact on a global scale. The Wingtra 1 is a tool that improves search & rescue chains, inspects linear infrastructure, protects large wildlife areas and increases agricultural efficiency.
We want to bring this first convertible aerial robot to market. For that we are looking for intellectually curious leaders and dedicated team players who drive Wingtra forward. People at Wingtra are enthusiastic about what they do, learn fast from each other and demonstrate a high degree of empathy. Working with us, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and phantom stocks.
Together with us, you are responsible for bringing the working prototypes to a product in 2017. In this exciting phase, you will have the opportunity to work on all levels of the flight stack software development, i.e. defining your project requirements, prototyping, developing code and testing new features in simulation and on the aerial robot itself. Depending on your interests and level of skill, you will contribute to different areas such as high-fidelity system identification, robust state estimation, advanced control strategies or vision and perception algorithms. Joining Wingtra, you will become part of a talented team and have a positive impact not only on the team, but also the organization itself. With us, you will have the chance to shape the future of aerial robotics.
● +1 years experience developing C/C++ code
● Used to version control, code review & CI in collaborative software development
● Outstanding general cognitive ability and problem solving skills
● Background in Computer Science or Engineering
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Honest, humble, and self-motivated
●+3 years experience developing C/C++ code
preferably robotics related
● Familiar with PX4 flight stack, ROS, POSIX, low level communication (CAN, I2C)
● Experience with real-time embedded systems, system identification, non-linear control, EKFs,
UAVs, telemetry systems
● Experience as software architect
● Leadership experience in professional setting or extracurricular (sports, scouts, etc)
● Comfortable to take responsibility
● You can hover an RC aerobatic airplane
Become part of this exciting journey and submit your application on wingtra.com/career/wingtranaut/.
We are a company that values diversity and seek to have a balanced team of women and men. We specifically encourage women to apply for this position .